The last few years have been very important for Lefrik. We are on course to become the brand we wanted to be back in 2012 when we first founded the company. From the beginning, we have firmly believed that Lefrik could only work if it was sustainable.
For the past years we have been working on finding the right partners; people who not only comply with our sustainable criteria based on the best possible social and environmental practices but who also share our belief in doing the right thing for the people and for the planet.
Quality, traceability and sustainability are the mottos of our model, covering the entire product life cycle end to end, with the clear goal of achieving a circular model which is capable of recycling the products we create.
We aspire to being known not only for our products, but for our commitment, our humility, our capacity of work and our ability to solve problems.We plan to continue to work hard on all these areas of focus, always placing people and the planet at the centre of all of our thinking. We have a lot of work to do.
disposable plastic whenever
and wherever possible.
our plastic footprint. We do not use virgin plastic in any of our steps.
Our items are created with durability in mind. We offer a repair service for them since we do not want to produce waste.
what we can’t refuse, reduce or reuse. We pay attention to the entire life cycle of items we bring into our life, from source to manufacturing to distribution to disposal.
All of our products are made of 100% recycled polyester fabric from PET bottles waste. Producing recycled polyester is better for the climate, it creates 75% less CO2 emissions than virgin polyester and reduces water use by 90%.
Using only two fabrics (GRS certified) allows us to reduce our carbon footprint and increase our production efficiency.
We work with a limited number of factories and develop strong long-term working relationships. We visit the factories, conduct inspections with a health and safety checklist, check past audits and ask to see the audit reports.
We discuss with the factory management on what is a reasonable lead time, making sure we are giving them enough time and avoiding last minute changes. If issues are found in a factory we source from, we work with the factory to remediate and make improvements rather than ceasing production.
You can read more about our suppliers here.
We are vegan, Lefrik has been approved as vegan by the animal welfare organization PETA.
Our products are designed in Spain and ethically manufactured in Asia. We make our products in Asia because they have the best techniques in making polyester out of recycled PET plastic bottles.
- Our fabric supplier provides us with the best quality fabrics certified by Global Recycled Standard.
- Our supply factory has been audited by SEDEX and has passed the SMETA 4 pillars in ethical practices.
You can also check out our Code of Conduct here.
We are a member of Common Objective platform by the Ethical Fashion Forum.
Our 2021 goals:
- We are striving to become a member of the Fair Wear Foundation. They are committed to finding a fairer way to make clothes and they engage directly with factories, trade unions, NGOs and governments. Their aim is to make fashion fair for everyone across the supply chain.
- We will start working with 1% for the planet. Their belief is that because companies profit from the resources they take from the earth, they should protect those resources. We will donate 1% of the total amount of our yearly profits to this foundation.
- Our main challenge will be to design & implement a more conscious logistic strategy by 2021 helping us reduce our carbon footprint.
All of our online orders use no plastic
We dispatch all orders in cardboard
boxes and we seal them with paper
stripe to protect the content and take
care of the planet at the same time.
We do not use extra wrapping in the backpacks. When someone orders online they get the backpack in a box and a postcard made with recycled paper. That’s all!